So swamped! Just started my third class for the summer, so that’s another pile of reading on… Whew!
Page count to this point:
- 61 pages from Detection by Gaslight: 14 Victorian Detective Stories by Douglas Greene [Ed.]. Notes: no update.
- 26 pages from On Looking: Eleven Walks with Expert Eyes by Alexandra Horowitz. Notes: no update.
- 150 pages of A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Notes: finished.
- 141 pages of The Sign of the Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Notes: finished.
- 145 pages of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Notes: just trucking along…
- 232 pages of Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel. Notes: finished. I was uncomfortable with Bechdel’s use of pejoratives in describing her father’s sexuality, but aside from that, this was a brilliant work—I blasted through it in one day, because I didn’t want to stop reading.
- 38 pages of Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present by Harriet Washington. Notes: this is a hard read, emotionally, but it’s been on my list for a while, and I’m gonna be reading it for a class on scientific racism.
- 100 (manuscript) pages of my friend’s WIP. Notes: finished.
Running page count: 893