This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is ten books that are on my autumn to-read list.
In addition to the books for my classes, I want to read the following in the next three months:
- Breaking Chains: Slavery on Trial in the Oregon Territory by Gregory Nokes
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Undersong by Audre Lorde
- Another America: The Politics of Race and Blame by Kofi Buenor Hadjor (currently on pg 109 of 219)
- The Guardians: An Elegy by Sarah Manguso (at my partner’s recommendation)
- Shadow and Act by Ralph Ellison
- And We Are Not Saved by Derrick Bell
- The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, and the Real Count of Monte Cristo by Tom Reiss
It’s a bit heavy on recreational reading that is closely related to my major, but that’s because my major is awesome.
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Read This Fall”
things fall apart is a little creepy, but i think the message is powerful. I had to force myself a lil to get thru it, but I did end up staying up til 2am to do it.. lol let me know what you think about it!! so, I started a new blog for my writer friends and would like to hear your thoughts. do you think it’s valuable and what age group do you think it would appeal to? http://marimimiwriting.wordpress.com/ thank you so much tessara and I hope ure work day goes well girl !
ps, I just noticed u’re on facebook cause of that little badge on your sidebar. adding you =)